Monday, 3 October 2011

Nutrition: My peak week!

 Greetings. Over the past week, I have been in the process of designing an individualised  "peak week" plan with the aim of documenting my body's response. This will help me prepare for the photo shoot that I have in the weeks coming up.


"Mark! What's a peak week?"

The peak week is the final week of preparation preceding a body building contest and/or photo shoot. Nutrition and training parameters are monitored closely with the aim of  maximising one's physique.


I love this song.

The Peak Week


Normal - Baseline parameters:
==============================================
Protein: 240g             Carbohydrate: 150g             Fat: 50g
Water: 5L                  Sodium: <2,000mg                Creatine: 5g      
Training: Normal
Cardio: 30 minutes (moderate intensity)


Day 1 - Saturday (7 days out)
==============================================
Protein: 240g             Carbohydrate: 150g             Fat: 50g
Water: 5L                  Sodium: <2,000mg                Creatine: 5g      
Training: Normal
Cardio: 30 minutes (moderate intensity)

Day 2 - Sunday (6 days out)
==============================================
Protein: 240g             Carbohydrate: 150g             Fat: 50g
Water: 5L                  Sodium: <2,000mg               Creatine: 5g      
Training: Rest
Cardio: 30 minutes (moderate intensity)

Day 3 - Monday (5 days out)
==============================================
Protein: 240g             Carbohydrate150g             Fat: 50g
Water: 5L                  Sodium: <2,000mg               Creatine: 5g      
Training: Legs, no sets to failure
Cardio: 25 minutes (moderate intensity

Day 4 - Tuesday (4 days out)
==============================================
Protein: 240g             Carbohydrate: 350g             Fat: 50g
Water: 4L                  Sodium: <2,000mg               Creatine: 5g      
Training: Chest and back, no sets to failure
Cardio: 20 minutes (moderate intensity)

Day 5 - Wednesday (3 days out)
==============================================
Protein: 240g             Carbohydrate: 250g             Fat: 50g
Water: 4L                  Sodium: <2,000mg                Creatine: 5g      
Training: Shoulders and arms, no sets to failure
Cardio: 15 minutes (moderate intensity)

Day 6 - Thursday (2 days out)
==============================================
Protein: 240g             Carbohydrate: 180g             Fat: 50g
Water: 3L                  Sodium: <2,000mg                Creatine: 5g      
Training: Light whole body exercises (25 minutes)
Cardio: 10 minutes (moderate intensity)


Day 7 - Friday (1 days out)
==============================================
Protein: 240g             Carbohydrate: 150g             Fat: 50g
Water: 2L                  Sodium: <2,000mg                Creatine: 5g      
Training: Light whole body exercises (15 minutes)
Cardio: Nil
* cease water intake 12 hours prior to show
* cease fibre intake



Show day - Saturday (0 days out)
==============================================
...I am still trying to figure out what I will be specifically eating on the day. I shall keep you guys posted when I do have it all sorted out!


Eating my birthday cake! Nice treat.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, when you reduce carbs do you keep your volume the same (Is your workout still like the one in your training section if you're on a diet?) I'm still on 14%bf and I'm kinda anxious about adjusting my training to fit in cardio at this point lol.

    P.s is it also true what they say that it's easier to lean down first before going into a bulk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi brybuildingbody,

    When I cut my carbs to lean out, I do still train as heavy as I can. Of course I may not have enough energy to hit out the last few, but I still try. I do tend to do super sets/isometric holds towards the end of my workout to burn out the muscle even more.

    With regards to cardio, I usually don't do it , but if I am feeling a bit smooth, what I usually do is gradually increase my cardio from 10 minutes --> 40 minutes over a week @ roughly 140-150beat per minute intensity. Then I match it up with how I look and how much I weigh, then adjust accordingly.

    I personally find bulking up first, then leaning out easier to do. Each to their own I guess, but both ways will work.

    ReplyDelete