Friday, 28 October 2011

Carbohydrate Cycling


I have started a new diet utilising the effective method of carbohydrate cycling. For more information: http://wongflex.blogspot.com/p/nutrition.html

Here is the macronutrient break down of my diet.

======================================
Low carbohydrate day

  • Carbohydrates: 150g
  • Protein: 240g
  • Fats: 60g
High carbohydrate day
  • Carbohydrates: 320g
  • Protein: 200g
  • Fats: 40g
======================================

I will be allowing myself one cheat meal a week which will be used on a high carbohydrate day. Keep flexing guys!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mark, is the carb cycling done on alternate days. Like one day high one day low. Or high during training days and low on rest days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey p.wong24, there is not set way of carbohydrate cycling. It merely just means varying your daily carb intake. However I like to just alternate a high and low day to keep it simple. Try to time your high carb days with heavy lifting sessions at the gym. For example, if you were to hit legs on Monday (morning), I'd have a high day on Sunday. If you were to hit Monday (Afternoon), then I'd have a high day on Sunday, then a Moderate carb day on Monday morning.

      Hope this helps.

      Delete